The Associate Manager, Public Relations & Consumer Engagement is responsible for working with senior account leaders and clients to develop and deliver outstanding, media relations, social media and non-traditional experiential consumer marketing campaigns of exceptional quality, on time and on budget for local, regional and national clients.
Key responsibilities and required skills include:
- Develop and execute public relations and experiential marketing campaigns:
- Contribute to delivering successful campaigns, including project management as directed.
- Contribute to the development of successful public relations (including social media) and consumer engagement strategies, including event planning and execution.
- Conduct research on competitive, social and media landscapes.
- Develop and maintain media lists and editorial calendars required for successful campaigns.
- Draft public relations materials such as pitches, news releases, media alerts and calendar listings.
- Work with media to garner positive media coverage for clients.
- Draft social media posts, and manage social media communities to drive fan growth and loyalty; build partnerships with key bloggers and influencers for social activations.
- Be responsible for successful media and social media monitoring, tracking and reporting.
- Provide clear and actionable information and project-related recommendations related to team members, clients and third-party partners/vendors.
- Work day-to-day with clients to become a trusted conduit of information and advisor.
- Maintain focus on keeping our commitments regarding quality, time and budget.
- Contribute to marketing strategy and tactics:
- Contribute to developing and delivering successful campaigns that which may extend beyond traditional public relations, including event planning and execution.
- Develop knowledge of each area of agency expertise and strategic methodology.
- Contribute to campaigns through strategy development and project management as needed.
Essential Skills include:
- Project management:
- Excellent event planning/execution, organizational/time management and prioritization skills, including the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and apply resources effectively with high attention to detail in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present ideas effectively and communicate with clients, vendors, press, and others on the phone, via email and in person.
- Excellent fact-based and creative writing skills for public relations materials and social posts.
- Master with proper grammar/spelling/punctuation.
- Accountability and initiative:
- Great work ethic, team oriented, deadline driven and self-starter.
- Willing to provide assistance whenever and wherever needed.
- Ability to deliver work on time and as promised.
- Willing and available for occasional travel, including weekend and/or evening work as necessary.
- Knowledge of public relations and marketing theory and practice:
- Demonstrated interest in, and growing knowledge of PR fundamentals.
- Proficiency with basic computer skills (Word, Excel & PowerPoint) and communications tools such as AP Style Guide, Cision and TV Eyes is a plus.
- Up to date with important trends in the public relations/marketing landscape, including working knowledge of local community events, organizations, media contacts and social media channels.
- Professional demeanor and calm under pressure
- Knowledge of client's business and competitive landscape.
You must have 1-3 years of related experience to qualify for this position, able to lift at least 30lbs.
Amp Agency is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law.