The Assistant Account Executive (AAE) assists with coordinating and managing all day to day agency efforts on behalf of the client. He/she supports the account team and works closely with other agency departments to execute individual projects, ensuring that agency output adheres to client objectives, meets client deadlines, and achieves agency quality standards. In this junior-level position, the AAE continues to learn the account management function, the business of advertising, and agency operations overall.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Full-cycle meeting management:
- Schedules meetings, coordinates travel as needed, assists with preparation and distribution of meeting materials; assists with ordering/setting up catering, room set-up, takes notes in meetings, prepares meeting summary reports, etc.
Opens new jobs, creates work orders and job numbers, requests quotes/estimates, tracks status of open jobs, assists with creating project schedules, maintains client/team status reports; proactively communicates job status to the account team, other agency departments, and client as appropriate.
- Assists with preparation and delivery of final estimates/budgets; tracks status of open jobs against estimates/budgets; reviews all invoices and back for accuracy; works with production, media and accounting to close appropriate jobs; compiles invoices and back up into weekly or monthly client billing book; assists with tracking and reporting of billable time against project staffing plans.
- Gathers data and reports on client competitors’ use of creative, media, PR, experiential and other relevant marketing mediums and strategies; gathers data and reports general industry research including trends and consumer information; assists with preparation of weekly, monthly, and/or annual competitive audits (depending on client).
- Attention to detail, organization, and time management
- Problem solving, logic, initiative, and intellectual curiosity
- Strong work ethic, humility, reliability and trustworthiness
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Hospitality and customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Active listening
- Ability to build and maintain positive, productive working relationships
- Capacity and desire to lead and manage
Learning and Development Expectations:
- Learns the client’s product/service, market and competition
- Learns and understands agency departments/capabilities and applicable agency processes/systems
- Learns and understands the overall communication process (i.e. strategy development, media planning/buying, creative process, production, etc)
- Begins to learn and understand project budgets and financials
- 1-2 years previous work and/or internship in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional work experience
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with offices in Boston, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles. We're a team of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven" approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands with which we partner.