The VP Account Management is responsible for overseeing the account P&L and managing the business operations function globally within the organization. Leads a team who manages a single or multiple large clients as well as functional teams focused on managing client results, contracts, pricing, profitability and overall execution of program goals. This is a pivotal role in the design and management of client programs/contracts with brands nationwide. The role will report into the GM of AMP East Coast.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Retain and grow client relationship
- Strategize and drive formal client program reviews; manage to all client/contract expectations
- Oversee and drive for timely, accurate and efficient client reporting that offers ROI and field marketing intelligence that is valuable to clients
- Develop and manage client P&L versus budget; manage client revenue and gross margin forecasts; identify, plan and budget headcount and expenses required to meet growth plans.
- Oversee Account, Strategy, Creative and Media services teams to ensure that client business plans are executed
- Set expectations and interface closely with all stakeholders on the Executive Leadership Team on performance against execution goals
- Set up and manage to service level agreements (MSAs & SOWs) among the departments
- Build processes and infrastructure to enable scalable, profitable growth
- Oversee management of staff priorities, workload balancing/utilization, employee recognition/rewards and routine staff professional development to keep turnover at a minimum and staff morale high
- Develop and implement business operating plans which formally identify additional growth opportunities and specific ways to strengthen our service delivery with our existing and new clients.
Hires, retains, trains, coaches, guides, directs, and develops direct reports using company-wide processes, tools and resources
May delegate work of others and provide guidance, direction and mentoring to indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements
Travel is an essential duty and function of this job. Driving is not an essential duty or function of this job. Travel up to 25%
Education Level: (Required) Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Field of Study/Area of Experience: Marketing & Advertising
- 10+ years of experience in sales and marketing
- 5-10 years successfully managing a P&L, budgeting and forecasting and managing client expectations either personally or through a team
- Experience working with Vice President level and above positions
- Experience in Brand Management, Customer Management, Category Management and Shopper Marketing a plus
- Previous experience with managing 10+ direct reports; reporting directly to VP or C-level executive