Associate Creative Director, Copy - Remote
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
ASSOCIATE CREATIVE DIRECTOR – COPY
We are looking to hire an inspired Associate Creative Director, Copy to join our fast-paced, energetic , fully-remote creative team. Spearheading AMP Agency’s integrated approach, this role will work directly with the Creative Director to ensure the highest quality work. The ideal candidate will have an impressive portfolio showing next-level copy skills in work that displays unique and engaging conceptual thinking, and a deep knowledge of the digital advertising landscape. This role will require a proven and thorough experience of brand stewardship and team leadership across omnichannel creative development, with a heavy emphasis on video, digital and social conception, planning and production.
In exchange for your efforts, you will get to play a critical role in a fun-loving but hard-working atmosphere while working on book-worthy brands.
- Brainstorm and write conceptual directions, both independently and as part of an integrated team.
- Partner with Art Director to lead video and photo productions from concept and scripting/storyboarding through both pre- and post-production phases.
- Act as a brand steward throughout the development of campaigns and other executions, maintaining campaign and brand continuity.
- Inspire the team with problem-solving, innovation, and creative thinking rooted deeply in strategy and an understanding of the digital advertising landscape at large.
- Develop a variety of creative materials for brand campaigns, social media efforts, digital activations, and printed materials for agency clients. In addition, create assets for prospective client presentations, in-house communications, and anything else our clients or new business needs demand.
- Lead creative team in new business pitches, sometimes working with creatives across office locations, with a strategic vision and organized, thoughtful approach, and presenting final work to prospective clients with passion and poise.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Art Directors and Copywriters to develop concepts, revise, edit, and refine creative work, and to constantly push the level of creative output.
- Lead group reviews of creative work, adding perspective and giving direction as needed.
- Lead client and internal creative review meetings, professionally and enthusiastically presenting the department’s work, persuasively explaining rationale to non-creatives, collecting and absorbing feedback, and offering solutions in real time.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with both the client and internal stakeholders, including account, media, and PM teams.
- Willingness and excitement for getting hands dirty and digging into the day-to-day work, writing exceptional copy for everything from scripts to social posts to concept statements.
- Act as a direct manager to multiple team members, as well as a general creative department team lead.
- Guide the team in the development of skills relevant to their growth, including team members outside of the copy discipline, from designers to content creators to videographers.
- Keep current on advertising campaigns, trends, and industry technology, sharing findings with the department to facilitate new ways of thinking.
- Expert knowledge of small- to large-scale video and photo production
- Expert knowledge of executing both digital advertising and production
- Expert understanding of copy best practices for social, digital, and print (broadcast is a plus)
- Strong understanding of creative/media performance and ability to translate learnings to guide the team in developing strong creative work
- Strong understanding of brand/identity development; ability to craft and hone equal parts functional and inspiring voice/tone guidelines is a must.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong team leadership and desire to mentor; management experience preferred
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once and to meet deadlines on a daily basis in a team-oriented environment
- Requirements: 8–12 years creative agency or in-house experience
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with offices in Boston, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles. We're a team of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven" approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands with which we partner.
AMP Agency is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. AMP is an equal opportunity employer and encourages people from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. AMP Agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age or other legally protected status. We prohibit harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.