AMP Agency is looking for a Copywriter to join our NYC office.
The Copywriter will develop content and communication for a variety of leading national advertisers as part of AMP’s client marketing campaigns. The person in this role will be responsible for all aspects of copywriting projects, taking projects from original conception through to completion across a range of formats and deliverables including websites, online media, social media posts and longer format online and offline content. Working in partnership with art directors, social strategists and media planners, the Copywriter will serve as a single point of contact for copy projects participating in brainstorming sessions and crafting compelling messages to motivate action and support design / media.
This position requires that the candidate be a self-starter, extremely organized, detail oriented and highly motivated. The successful candidate will also possess the ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities while managing client expectations, timelines and coordination between various resources. The ideal candidate will have experience working in men’s grooming or fashion.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Creative Marketing Development
- Serve as primary copy lead on all client initiatives across a mix of digital projects spanning various clients/audiences/verticals.
- Create written communications that effectively communicate and sell the developed marketing concepts both internally and externally.
- Ensure a consistent brand story – visuals, voice – across all efforts.
- Ensure conceptual and quality alignment with senior Creative leads.
- Ideate and implement annual strategies, short-term campaigns and always-on content to drive engagement and achieve established success metrics.
- Work with Community Managers, Creative Director and Clients to develop monthly social content calendars.
- Stay current on new social media content best practices.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions to develop ideas into program executions.
- Manage and organize multiple jobs and projects on a daily basis.
- Keep team members, supervisors, clients informed of all relevant issues as they arise.
- Build strong internal relationships with Account, Media, Social, Technology and Strategy teams
- Develop a strong relationship of trust with client contacts
- 2-5 years of experience in an ad agency or marketing firm, or within a corporate advertising department (strong portfolio or professional and/or speculative creative work required with examples of writing/thinking to demonstrate abilities)
- Experience working with men’s grooming and or men’s fashion.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including effective presentation skills.
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines while juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Keen interest in keeping up with emerging technologies and digital marketing trends.