AMP Agency is looking for a Human Resource Manager to join our team in our Boston office.. The Human Resource Manager is responsible for various functions of the Human Resource department, including talent, compensation, benefits, leave, reporting, and administration of company policies.
The ideal person for this position has proven expertise in Human Resources/Talent & Culture. This includes benefits administration, talent acquisition, compensation, reporting, benefits and training. To be a competent HR Generalist, you should be patient and compassionate, have excellent listening skills, and be able to multitask effectively.
- Recruitment – Recruit, interview, and facilitate the hiring of qualified job applicants for all open positions across 4 AMP divisions (Boston, New York, LA and Seattle). Work closely with hiring managers to understand the needs of their department and any required job openings. Schedule and coordinate pre-employment drug tests and background verification. Create new-hire on-boarding programs and deliver compelling new-hire orientations.
- Education and training – Ensure mandatory training and continuing education is complete and documented, including safety training, code of conduct and handbook training, anti-harassment training and certifications required. Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, changes to regulations, new technology breakthroughs in HR, talent, and employment law.
- Benefits – Assist employees with benefit programs and all leave requests. Work closely with the Human Resource team on the annual Open Enrollment period. Comply with all federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
- Employee relations – Manage all details and coordination of disciplinary discussions, terminations, and investigations. Guide the leadership team on sensitive or complex matters and elevate to the appropriate staff when investigations are required. Ensure professionalism and confidentiality in all aspects of the role.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field required
- A minimum of four years of experience in Human Resources
- Strong ability to multitask and remain calm in emergencies
- Superb conflict resolution skills
- Ability to display integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality at all times
- Strong knowledge of laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficient in HRIS and talent management systems
- Passion for Talent & Culture
About AMP Agency:
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with offices in Boston, New York, Seattle and Los Angeles. We're a team of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven" approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands with which we partner.