We are looking for an Associate Director, Video Activation to join our growing media team in Boston. The Associate Director, l Video Activation will be part of the investment strategy and negotiations team for video (both network TV and cross-platform video) for key clients while helping to define and develop AMP’s cross-channel video practice. This person manages the daily TV and digital video operations across multiple dayparts, platforms and partners, from buying to allocating to audience posting and delivery monitoring. In this role the Associate Director, Video Activation cultivates strong relationships in Ad Sales community and stays abreast of changes in the media marketplace to identify and buy effective, competitively priced media. Develops strong understanding of digital video marketplace, partner strengths, and targeting fundamentals. Collaborates with other media personnel to coordinate offline and online media weights to drive optimal performance.
They will be responsible for optimizing our video plans based on sales readouts and other measurement infrastructure, recommending test and learn agendas for national video, and helping develop the agency’s approach to addressable TV. They will also collaborate with internal media team members to coordinate offline and online media weights to drive optimal performance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Negotiate national TV Upfront and Scatter deals (Cable)
- Negotiate GC Sports Daypart (Broadcast Network, Cable and Digital)
- Negotiate digital video rates with site direct partners and full episode players
- Manage quarterly commercial brand allocations (Broadcast Network-all dayparts, Sports and Cable)
- Supervise season-to-date audience delivery tracking
- Negotiate added-value and customized elements
- Upfront Planning Cost Preparation
- Upfront Presentation Scheduling
- Resolve Billing Discreps
- Negotiate Broadcast and Puerto Rico TV
- Manage video billings across all assigned clients, including budget forecasting and savings projections
- Combine network negotiations across linear TV and full episode players to drive efficiency
- Supervise digital video reporting against contracts
- Coordinates with social media, search and content personnel on updated TV schedules and last-minute buys to align investment with amplification opportunities
- Contribute to development of holistic video measurement approach
- Participates in integrated planning sessions to develop holistic plans
- Collaborates with data management team to understand audience performance
- Collaborates with digital media specialists to coordinate strategic media flighting
- Directly manage personnel within buying and billing reconciliation responsibilities
- Partner with analytics and planning teams on development of holistic video measurement approach
- Collaborate with digital media specialists to coordinate strategic media flighting
- Coordinate with social media, search and content personnel on updated TV schedules to align investment with amplification opportunities
- Meet regularly with TV, and direct digital video partners
- Meet regularly with vendors to cultivate relationships, and stay current on programming and marketplace trends
- Approve invoices and resolve billing discrepancies
- Bachelor of Arts
- National TV Buying experience (6+ years) across all dayparts, network, cable, syndication and unwired
- Experience negotiating premium sports placements in high profile events
- Strong relationships within Advertising Sales community
- Strong negotiation experience within network, cable and sports
- Local broadcast experience preferred but not required
- Digital video buying experience a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of Digital Media Buying formats a plus, but not required
- Quantitative and budget management skills
- Knowledge of media research tools, i.e. Nielsen, Rentrak, Simmons
- Digital video buying experience a plus
- Knowledge of Digital Media Buying formats a plus
- Microsoft Office, strong Excel Skills
- Experience working in Strata
- Experience working in MediaTools
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus, but not required
About AMP Agency
AMP Agency is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with offices in New York, Boston, LA, Seattle and Austin. We're a team of creative minds, digital strategists, social and behavioral scientists and media experts that focus on creating contextually relevant consumer engagements across digital and physical brand experiences. We employ an "Insights Inspired, Results Driven" approach to design end-to-end marketing solutions for the brands with which we partner.
The AMPlifiers – AMP’s Core Values
We lovingly call our core values the “AMPlifiers.” We truly believe people who succeed at AMP and help AMP succeed exemplify these five values:
- Entrepreneurial - Act like you own the place. We encourage new ideas every day.
- Collaborative - Make everyone better. Inspire leaders.
- Smarter - Be visionary. Share your ideas, and often.
- Ego-free - Check your ego at the elevator.
- Accountable – Prove it. We love to win and hope you do too.